Mon - Thur: 9:00 - 15:00
Fri: 9:00 - 12:00
Call us anytime during office hours 020 3150 2261

UK Advisory Issues

Universal Credit

What Universal Credit is

Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly - or twice a month for some people in Scotland.

You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income or out of work.

If you already get benefits

Universal Credit will replace the following benefits:

  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Working Tax Credit

If you currently receive any of these benefits, you cannot claim Universal Credit at the same time.

Universal Credit is being introduced in stages across the UK. You do not need to do anything until you hear from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) about moving to Universal Credit, unless you have a change in circumstances.

Severe disability premium

You cannot claim Universal Credit if you either:

  • are getting the severe disability premium 
  • got the severe disability premium within the last month and you’re still eligible for it

If you have a change of circumstances that affects the severe disability premium or your other benefits, report it and you’ll be told what to do next.

Company number 11953090
Unit 7 Park Court, The Ridgeway, London, England, E4 6TW
© Copyright 2019 Ridgeway Advisory Consultants Ltd.. All Rights Reserved.